DIY Hibiscus Hair Masks for Beautiful and Silky Hair
Dry hair seems to have become the order of the day for most of us. Everything from pollution to poor eating habits affects you skin and hair health.
Also, engaging in relentless styling and coloring of your hair to keep up with fashion trends is fairly common among both women and men. As a repercussion, your hair is stripped of a lot of its natural oils and nutrients, leaving your locks dry and frizzy.
Although prevention is the best cure still you can take some steps to help repair your dry and damaged hair, the best one being applying homemade deep conditioning hair packs.
Hibiscus hair masks, for instance, are great for maintaining healthy and shiny hair.
Being rich in vitamins A and C as well as amino acids, hibiscus can combat hair loss and induce hair growth. Plus, its lathery and mucilaginous nature helps mildly condition the hair and keep it bouncier.
Both the flowers and leaves of the hibiscus plant can be used to make deep-conditioning hair masks at home. Any type of hibiscus flower is good for the hair.
When preparing the hair masks, also add other hair-friendly ingredients like fenugreek seeds and yogurt.
Fenugreek, also called methi, has conditioning properties and helps thicken your hair. It also helps fight hair problems like dandruff and hair fall. Yogurt adds a lustrous sheen to your hair and also fights dandruff.
Here are 2 hibiscus hair mask recipes to help condition your hair.
Recipe #1: Hibiscus and Yogurt Hair Mask
Recipe #2: Hibiscus and Fenugreek Hair Mask
A- DIY Hibiscus and Yogurt Hair Mask
- Fresh hibiscus flowers –8 to 10
- Yogurt –3 to 4 tablespoons
- Honey –1 tablespoon
- Rosemary essential oil – a few drops (optional)
1. Remove the stalk as well as the sepal (the green part at the base of the flower) from thoroughly washed hibiscus flowers.
2. Put the flowers in a grinder.
3. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt to the grinder. Grind the contents until you get the consistency of a smooth paste. You can also add a little water to improve the consistency.
4. Transfer the paste into a bowl.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it and mix well.
6. You can also add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to it (optional).Rosemary oil promotes hair growth.
Your hydrating hair mask is ready for use.
Things you’ll need: